Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad
- • 4 sesame seed hamburger bun tops
- • 1 small red onion, divided
- • 2 plum tomatoes
- • 3/4 lb. 95% lean ground beef
- • 1/2 cup finely diced dill pickles
- • 3/4-cup ketchup
- • 1 tbsp. yellow mustard
- • ARIZONA GUNSLINGER SMOKIN' HOT RED PEPPER SAUCE - add to the desired spiciness
- • 8 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- • 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Slice bun tops into 1/4-in. strips (if bun tops are very thick, slice bottoms off horizontally before slicing into strips). Arrange in a single layer on a large baking pan; bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Let cool completely.
- Cut onion in half crosswise. Slice half of the onion crosswise into thin rings.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters lengthwise and slice crosswise. Set onion and tomatoes aside.
- Cook ground beef in (8-in.) saute pan over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles. Meanwhile, chop remaining onion half using a food chopper.
- Finely dice pickles.
- In a bowl, combine chopped onion, pickles, ketchup, mustard and ARIZONA GUNSLINGER SMOKIN' HOT RED PEPPER SAUCE.
- Add cooked beef and mix well.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on large serving platter. Spoon beef mixture over lettuce. Top with cheese, tomatoes and sliced onion. Arrange hamburger bun croutons around edge of platter.
- Serve while hot.